Sunday, July 08, 2007

While the mice are away, the cats will play

The kids are off on their annual summer vacation with Grandma and Grandpa. That means that for the next four weeks or so I am free from my parenting responsibilities. (Now I know what life is like for their mother!) (Oops ... did I type that out loud?) So now Ms N and I have the whole place to ourselves with no concern about the babies' momma dropping them off early.

Wo-hoo!

So Ms N and I have taken this opportunity to do what we never really could do with such freedom ...

Sleep.

This, of course, is aided by the fact that the two of us are exhibiting flu-like symptoms. I think it's my cousin's fault. He came down from NYC to spend the Fourth with us. We had a barbecue, went to see Transformers (an excellent movie!), watched some other movies like Stripes, and had Mr. and Mrs. CWV over as well. All was good.

But my cousin had made several comments to the effect of "I'd better keep my distance. I've been sick lately."

Apparently, my cousin left something behind and we found it. So we've been congested, sore throated, and miserable. (Normally we're miserable without the congestion and sore throats.) And with the ailment has come lethargy.

DayQuil Cold/FluNyQuil Cold/Flu

Much more than my normal lethargy.

I think I have slept more already this weekend than I have in any whole week in the past six months. I am taking medication (viva las drugas!) that is supposed to be non-drowsy, but I haven't been able to stay awake long enough to feel if I'm drowsy or not.

So now that the hour is getting late, I have a bit of a problem. I need to get up early, but I have been sleeping all day. I may not be able to get to sleep tonight, meaning I'll be tired all day tomorrow.

Fortunately, they make a night-time version, too. I just took some. Let's see how long it takes to get to sleeeeeeeeeee

1 comment:

DivineMsN said...

Well at least we know that it isn't strep. :)