Thursday, June 28, 2007

Find a Penny

I dropped a penny this morning.

This would typically not be noteworthy, were it not for the fact that:

    a) I was in the shower
    b) dressed accordingly (ergo sans pockets), and
    c) I am not in the habit of carrying loose change with me when I bathe.

Apparently I forgot to clear everything off the bed before going to sleep last night. I rolled onto it and it stuck to my back. It fell off when I ran my hand across it while washing.

At least that's what I've been able to piece together having had time to wake up and think about it.

Normally I am groggy in the mornings. It takes the rush of water (sometimes very cold water) to de-grog. Today I moved my schedule up by an hour to get into work early, so I was extra groggy.

Trying to figure out the source of a sudden clank at a quarter-to-five and in such and advance state of grog is not the easiest thing to do.

That there is a penny-sized sore spot on my back has helped confirm where the darned thing was. For several groggy moments, I was beginning to question whether my kids may have been right all along.

You see, they seem to think I have money coming out my wazoo.